“Photography helps people to see” – Berenice Abbott
Pictures are a way to tell stories through photography, it’s an art that is created in that moment and its a way of expressing feelings and emotions and I love it.
Here are 20 of my favorite pictures of 2017:
1. A picture at a sunflower field, this picture was taken just before I came to Thailand, it was taken close to the farm I grew up.
2. Sani Pass tour, Lesotho – learning about other cultures and meeting locals
3. A hot air balloon ride over Midlands, KZN, South-Africa. It was worth it to wake up before sunrise to experience something like this.
4. Mandela Capture Site, Howick, KZN, South-Africa – This amazing sculpture of Nelson Mandela was created by Marco Cianfanelli and Jeremy Rose and it is 50 steel columns. The 50 columns represent the 50 years since his capture, but they also suggest the idea of many making the whole; of solidarity. It’s definitely worth the visit.
5. A sunset on the farm I grew up, North-West, South-Africa
6. Farm picture – It’s the little things in life that make me smile
7. The statue of the dugong of Trang – Looks incredible at night.
8. My first haircut in Thailand – thank you, Honey,
9. Khao Sok National Park, Surathani , Thailand – A friend and I did a full-day tour and it was such a beautiful day, at this spot we had lunch and did kayaking and it started raining, I just love this picture.
10. Beautiful view at Khao Sok Royal Cliff Resort & Spa, Khao Sok, Thailand – What a view to start your day
11. The classic Tuk-Tuk (public transport) of Thailand – The driver took me and Sam home and still today in Trang when he sees me he still remembers my name, I just can’t forget a memory like this 🙂
12. Erawan Museum, Bangkok – A three-headed elephant statue, what a wonderful experience!
13. An unicorn themed cafe , Bangkok – Do not miss this out, my inner child came out that day, I absolutely loved it!
14. Public transport – this is how Thailand do it, all these kids live in the same street so they get a ride in the famous ‘family car’
15. Thung Khai botanical gardens, Trang, Thailand – Stop and smell the flowers
16. Ao Nam beach, Krabi – Swing away and just embrace the moment
17. Sunset at Railay beach, Krabi, Thailand – Who can resist the sunsets of Thailand?
18. The joy of teaching in Thailand, I love it! – There is never a dull moment
19. Christmas day in Thailand – I have met a very young version of Santa Clause without the beard 🙂
20. Welcome to the place of happiness – Not the best picture but definitely a great memory (just loved the sign that says “welcome to the trang city of happiness”
I am looking forward to capturing more incredible moments this year.
Feel free to share some of your favorite pictures of 2017!
Hi there! My name is Ané du Preez and I am from South-Africa. I am a teacher, writer and a solo traveler. I love learning about other cultures and traditions. I love good coffee, having interesting conversations and I love traveling. This blog is to share my wonderful adventures with all of you. I’ve been discovering the gems of mother nature and its amazing people. Join me as we venture into the beauty and inspiration that is all around us. I am an advocate for all to live their life to the fullest. To travel is to live!